Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search marketing is the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid and unpaid efforts.
Search Marketing encompasses:
· SEO: Earning traffic through unpaid or free listings
· SEM: Buying traffic through paid search listings
Originally called “search engine marketing,” the shorter phrase “search marketing” is now often used as the umbrella term over SEO and SEM. The longer phrase “search engine marketing” — or SEM — is now typically used to describe paid search activities.
· Search Marketing: Branding
· Search Marketing: Landing Pages
· Search Marketing: Local Search Marketing
· Search Marketing: Mobile
· Search Marketing: Public Relations
· Search Marketing: Search Term Research
· Search Marketing: Shopping Search Marketing
Search Engine Land is a great resource for learning about SEO & SEM
SEO & SEM Tools is another area of Search Engine Land with a collection of stories we’ve written about search marketing tools. It includes these subtopics: